Wednesday, January 19, 2011

British Columbia

Mmmm I need a catchy opening to start off all my blogs any ideas??

Well here I am in a motel in the great British Columbia town of Port Alberni, home of some of the best cold water diving in the world. For those of you who don’t know when I am not working on films and such I work in the Communications Field. So for the next 20 days I will be living on Vancouver Island working. Now for those of you who have never been to the island let me start off by saying this….it’s amazing!!!! I feel like I skipped winter all together. It’s so green here and warm it’s more like spring then winter really. I can’t wait until summer I am sure this place will be amazing.

Now let me start by saying I love British Columbia for many reasons really. They film a lot of movies and television shows in the City of Vancouver. Things like Tron Legacy, X Men, Supernatural, Smallville, Battlestar Galactica and this list could go on really. I would love to live here just so I can work on the many movies and shows made here. It’s safe to say I would like to call Vancouver my home, why’d I stop in Calgary I have no clue. The other reason I love this province is …. well I love to camp, hike and go off roading with my truck. And not to mention the roads are amazing and well awesome for riding motorcycles. So it’s safe to say the life style here fits mine, all I need to do is learn to snowboard. So yeah it’s safe to say I love this place.

Another thing about this place I love is that it’s a change of scenery for me right now, which is just what I needed. You see I was having some serious writers block in Calgary. I knew what I wanted to write but just couldn’t write it. Once I was sitting in the airport in Vancouver waiting for my next flight to the island the words just started flowing onto the page. Another thing I don’t have a lot of distractions here so I have a lot more time after work to write and well work out for that matter. And the weather is so warm I think I will start jogging in the mornings.

So that’s my blog for the day, stay tuned in the next couple of days for a new blog and pictures from the island. And like always feel free to follow me on twitter @cren82



Sincerely,

Christopher Renaud  

No comments:

Post a Comment